Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Six in London

Hello there, finger!

Since it's past midnight, it's actually my seventh day in London. I just didn't get a chance to blog earlier because I got back from Les Miserables a little bit ago.
Today began with a visit to Elizabeth Tower, Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, and Westminster Abbey. Then, I went to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guards, which was actually not all that. I wonder if I actually saw the right one, because nothing really happened and I didn't see the guards with the tall black hats?
After this, I went to the Victoria and Albert museum, which I'd been eager to do for a while. I love this museum because it has interesting artifacts like clothes and modern technology. I spent hours there and my feet hurt so I took a break.
I was going to visit Kensington Palace and Park but didn't feel like doing the extra walking, so instead I went to Leicester Square to look for the TKTS booth. Gabrielle is obsessed with musicals and bought tickets to Wicked, Les Mis, Billy Elliott, and the Lion King.  I wasn't planning on going to a show, but I decided to go, since the West End is the best place for theater and also since I've never seen the show (or movie).  I had really great seats (ten rows from the stage) and the production quality was fantastic, although that's to be expected. Gabrielle is a big fangirl of the band McFly and a band member's sister was playing Éponine. Therefore, I felt like a stalker, but we waited outside the stage door so she could get some pics. 
Breaking out the signature finger pose
It's pee pee time
At V&A, they have stuff for you to wear. This is a hoop skirt and petticoat. I look terrible because an old couple walked in on me and busted up laughing.
I think passersby thought I was being super nationalistic.
Part of the Disobedient Objects exhibit about social uprising.
I think it's an arrow pointing at the help desk.
No matter the country, I always need to eat ice cream!
Stalker time!

No comments:

Post a Comment