Sunday, September 28, 2014

London the Fourth

After yesterday's post, I took a long nap. When I woke up, I went to Primark, Britain's version of Forever 21, where I spent a couple of hours, since it was gigantic and everything was inexpensive. I even bought myself an Elf (the movie) shirt - those Brits aren't joking about getting ready for Christmas - they're already selling ugly Christmas sweaters. After that, I went to eat at Burger and Shake, where I asked for a table and they sat me with another solo diner, Marco from Portugal, which was super strange, like a surprise blind date.

Meanwhile, my room is looking like the UN, with our new roommates Luis from Venezuela and Ai from Japan. (I think I embarrassed Luis when I joked about him sleeping with three chicks. Not funny, I guess.. oops!)  It's awesome though because they have me chocolate from Venezuela and Brazil.

Today, after my English breakfast, Gabrielle and I went to HippopoThames, since it was the last day.  A couple of lines on the tube were closed for maintenance, so we had to walk a bit to get to Millennium Bridge and Tate Modern. Although we were right next to Shakespeare's Globe, we didn't go, so maybe I'll go during the week and catch a play. The hostel is showing Love Actually in a couple of hours, which I'm probably more excited about than I should be. Anyway, picture time. Gabrielle was excited when I told her I had a travel blog and her punishment was that she had to be my new selfie partner in crime. 
The requisite phone booth pic. At this point, let's not pretend like I'm in good photos.
Saw this sign in the tube and thought it was funny. Smelly food is apparently such an important epidemic.
HippopoThames!

My signature pointing picture.
I kinda just wanted this picture to be over while this b is posing it up.
I made the mistake of telling her about my pointing move and she made me pose for this picture in the middle of the museum. She said, "That's like you!"
The Tate Modern has a great view of the Millennium Bridge and St. Paul's.
I guess this dude thought the best place to keep his hands warm was in her pants. She tripped and I had to look away so I wouldn't get caught laughing. I am a terrible human and I know I'm a tourist but.. public decency, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment