Saturday, September 27, 2014

London, Days 1,2, 3ish



I finally made it to London after leaving Thursday afternoon, beginning with a seemingly endless flight to Moscow where I had a long layover, had another flight, waited in a long immigration line, took a long ride in the tube, then walked around for about an hour with my luggage, in search of my hostel. Needless to say, I'm pooped!

I've been blown away by how friendly people have been. My seat neighbor on my Moscow leg was friendly-ish, but it was on my Moscow-London flight that I  made instant friends, two British guys who work for Samsung. We chatted the entire four hour flight, although I didn't take a picture with them. Mistake but I was so exhausted!  A man sitting next to me during the tube ride struck up conversation with me, telling me about his life in Iran to Britain. Then, when I almost was at my hostel, a random, very nice guy said he'd love to help me with my luggage but he had to know where I was going first. (That totally sounds like I'm about to get robbed, but this was not the case.) A minute later, the hostel security guard motioned me and the guy kept asking if I'd be okay. Friendly, huh? Coincidentally enough, he was from Nor Cal, in town for the Raiders-Dolphins game.

Anyway, although it's Saturday afternoon, I desperately need a nap because I didn't get to sleep until 2 am and was woken up this morning by my hostel roommate Luca from Italy, who forgot to turn off his alarm. My bunkbed buddy Gabriella from Brazil (who looks like a young Miranda Kerr) let me tag along with her to Portobello Street Market in Notting Hill, which is the most charming neighborhood. Here's some pics.  Nappy nap time!
Colorful meringues at Jamie Oliver's Recipeasy
A street musician. 
This dude. I think I'm going to marry him. Keeper!
These are all cookies.
This was my breakfast at Wafflemeister. A waffle with dark chocolate and mint ice cream.
This is for my friends who make fun of me for celebrating Christmas really early. The Brits do it too! Proof that I should live here.

1 comment: