Sunday, December 6, 2015

Stockholm is Where the Heart Is - Helsinki to Stockholm, Day 1

I woke up panicked frenzy because I overslept (which I never do) and woke up 2 hours after my original alarm time.  I was definitely not going to be on time if I took public transportation, so I had to dole out the cash for a cab.
This is my dirty napkin, but I thought the message was funny.
Thank goodness I made the flight to Stockholm.  I was excited for this leg because I'd heard so many great things about the city.

Just like with the other cities, I bought a city card.  (FYI, for anyone going there.  The Stockholm Card will be phased out at the end of 2015 and the replacement, My Stockholm Pass, is the same price but doesn't include public transportation.)

First up was the Dansmuseet - the Museum of Movement.  They had a special Swan Lake exhibition.







You get the dancer to move by standing on a specific spot and moving your arms around.  




A little creepy
They had all these dioramas that played music when you opened the drawer. 
Reminds me of Daft Punk.


The Swedish love their candy (Swedish fish, anyone?).



I found my way to the Medieval Museum, which was pretty interesting.






I've realized that I am afraid of these mannequin/statue things.  Every time I see one in a museum, I stare at it, studying them and convinced they are going to come to life and yell "BOO!".


See.  Scary, right?
There's also a ton of shopping centers in Stockholm.  There's an H&M on almost every block.  It's a bit excessive but I didn't see if they're all the same or not.

After exploring the city and doing a lot of shopping (I forgot how much I love the Tiger store), I went back to the hostel.  The hostel was probably the coolest one I've stayed in and was such a great place to meet people.  I signed up for a meatball making class, which was a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment