Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Copenhagen and Hamburg - Day One: Copin' in Copenhagen

I'm not sure if today was short or just too long. After an uncomfortable 10-hour flight (middle seat - no thanks), I made it to Copenhagen. Their airport is really quiet and the process is so easy - no immigration or customs forms required, show my passport and stampety stamp - I'm in!  I made it to the hostel at about 4pm and explored the city and did what I do best - EAT! This post is boring - sorry! But tomorrow I want to go to Christiana and "Pusher Street", so I'll try to find some trouble, like taking pictures of the dealers (you're not supposed to) for the sake of the blog.  Here's some pictures!


In the hostel
Ice cream... and churros!
I have infinite respect for a city that keeps Christmas lights up in February. (They might be regular lights but don't rain on my parade!)
MORE ice cream!
Copenhagen has great home goods stores. I loved the rainbow lights on this staircase.
"You can buy your hair if it won't grow..."
I'm not sure what this means in Danish but it was a clothing store.
Fish Kiss.. Doctor Fish! Is this one of those places where the gross fish eat your gross scaly dead skin cells on your heel? I kinda want to go there, if that's the case.
Not sure if anything like this would be outside a store in LA.
I miss you London! I'll see you during my layover on the way back.
After initially laughing at the ice cream + churro combination, I decided to go for it. Look at their tagline below..
"Be good to yourself"  Don't mind if I do! (Wait.. is this related to health and wellness? If so, I totally got this wrong.
Enjoying my ice cream and churros while taking in the atmosphere. I had to take off my mittens to eat this, so I was really committing to my decision. It was the bomb dot com!

No comments:

Post a Comment